How should the allocated $COLLAB tokens be distributed among the community?

Since Rubicon is in the top100 communities that will receive $COLLAB, share your idea below on how you think it should be distributed

4 Likes

For additional context, here are the links to more details regarding $COLLAB and the Community Proposal Process. The Proposal must follow the format below, and an example can be found here.

Community Distribution Proposal Template

• Project Name:
  • Author Name:
  • Number of COLLAB tokens requested:
  • Recipient Address:

Proposal for token distribution (under 1000 words):

• How will the tokens be distributed?

• Mechanism for distribution
    • Timeline
    • User group being targeted
    • …
  • How many users is this distribution projected to incentivize?

• How will this distribution incentivize usage and adoption of Collab.Land?

• What is the benefit of this distribution?

• To Collab.Land
    • To your community
  • Will your project provide any co-incentives?

• Where will tokens be held once distributed by Collab.Land DAO? (Multisig, onchain DAO, etc)

4 Likes

Community Distribution of $COLLAB

• Project Name: Rubicon
  • Author Name: Augustus Caesar
  • Number of COLLAB tokens requested: 1.5 million
  • Recipient Address: ?

Collab has chosen Rubicon as one of 100 projects to get an airdrop. They have dedicated 250 million tokens to Retroactive distribution, & 60% (150 million) of these tokens will go to the top discord communities. If this is evenly spread to communities, we can project receiving 1.5 million max.

Rubicon is a growing decentralized exchange housed on Optimism. It is in the interest of the community to increase incentive to provide liquidity and grow the exchange. Collab Land is also a very important community tool, and tokens should be preserved to vote in the DAO. The Rubicon Community is being rewarded for its activity with this drop.

I propose that a multiple signature smart contract wallet be spun up for the Rubicon team to represent the interest of the Rubicon Application in the Collab Land DAO. This wallet should receive 60% of the tokens minimally.

I propose that 20% of the Collab tokens are distributed to the community directly using Discord & Collab Land History. This should not be a flat distribution, but one that takes into account the length of time a member has been in the discord.

The remaining 20% of tokens should go to those who, not only use Discord & Collab Land but also have the LP Tag in the Discord.

Incentives

This distribution will, in the future, encourage people to be liquidity providers. This should always be the basis of any incentives offered by a decentralized exchange. The equal allocation among discord users & liquidity providers is solely due to the fact that liquidity providers did not give us this drop, but it was the discord user.

This distribution incentivizes the use of collab land by ensuring that all those awarded are those who used the app. It also locks in the interest of the exchange in the application by storing the tokens in a multiple signature smart contract wallet. Rubicon as a voter in the DAO will preserve the interest of the community, and every vote from Rubicon to the DAO shall be posted in the forum.

5 Likes

• Author Name: Justin J
    *Co Author : AugustusCaesar
  • Number of COLLAB tokens requested: 1,289,899
  • Recipient Address: TBD

40% of token allocation should remain in Rubicon’s possession for future incentives including new roles and participation in Rubicon activities and event’s, community members could be incentivized with a new role that may or may not be up for grabs yet. This would continue growth of not only Rubicon but also Collab

15% to members with status that have been around for a significant amount of time

25% to members who have verified assets using Collab Land in the Rubicon Discord.

20% would be reserved for those LP providers which would be weighted based on the liquidity provided this would be distributed to those with the LP role as well as future roles designated for those who supply much more liquidity than others.

This would save some for future roles, benefit the Rubicon team, benefit the members who have been here, benefit those that are here now and benefit the backbone of Rubicon. This will also continue to incentive usage of collab land which I know they’re looking to grow.

The Emphasis are as follows: Those who used the Collab Land App, Rewarding Liquidity Providers, and members who’ve been with Rubicon for a long time.

5 Likes

I am Augusts Caesar & I approve this message.

2 Likes

Community Distribution Proposal Template

• Author Name: c0lossus

I propose that the received $COLLAB Tokens are as follows:

60% Airdrop directly to Rubicon Discord Server Members
Of this 60%, this airdrop should be based by the number of roles granted via the collab.land and the duration that these roles have been held. I propose that there should be a linear multiplier based on these 2 factors with the max number of tokens received by those who have all of the collab.land bot positions for the longest time.

40% of tokens to Rubicon team’s possession (Taken from @JustinJ)
40% of token allocation should remain in Rubicon’s possession for future incentives including new roles and participation in Rubicon activities and event’s, community members could be incentivized with a new role that may or may not be up for grabs yet. This would continue growth of not only Rubicon but also Collab and kickstart community involvement.

The main emphases of this token distribution should be to those who have been long term members of the Rubicon Discord (and actively participate) while also rewarding those who actively use the Rubicon App and receive various roles (Pools LP etc…) for their actions.

1 Like

• Author Name: Youssef Taini

• :pushpin: To celebrate the COLLAB token launch on :red_circle:Optimism :red_circle: chain we should reward our Optimism x
    Rubicoin users who hold the Rubicoin :red_circle:OP Quest :red_circle: (snapshot 17.01.23) 40% of the COLLAB tokens !
  • :pushpin: 20% for the LP provider users who have Pools LP role in Rubicoin discord server !
  • :pushpin:15% for the Rubicoin community without any criteria !
  • :pushpin:25% for the Rubicoin TEAM !
    Rubicoin x Collabland [ From the community for the community ] :yellow_heart: :red_circle: :heart:
4 Likes

Give portions of the COLLAB allocation to current or past LP (past 2 months) on the Rubicon protocol.

60% to LP providers (past 2 months)
20% to Rubicon quest NFT holders
20% to team

1 Like

I feel as if there isnt much connection between the OP quest and Collab land. Not sure if they correlate enough to reward the OP quest users with that. The users who hold the LP and OP explorer role in discord of course overlap but tis more so about those role members rather than all of those who just got the on chain OP quest NFT. Great suggestion though. I hadn’t even though of that yet.

1 Like

Something similar to this is what I see the best option to use the airdrop for. Would be great to expand discord roles to on-chain and reward active community memebers.

1 Like

Everybody has contribution to the community in one way or the other. I like the widespread coverage to be inclusive. Since collabland is on optimism network, I think it is a great way to reward those who participated in the opti quest, since that’s how rubicon becomes known to the wider crypto community.

There is a reason, collab gives the decision to each of the 100 community.

Just my opinion :smiley:

2 Likes

The official $COLLAB proposal.

Project Name: Rubicon.Finance

Author Name: Benjamin, Denver, Scoops

Number of COLLAB tokens requested: 1,289,899

Recipient Address: 0x3204AC6F848e05557c6c7876E09059882e07962F

How will the tokens be distributed?

a. Mechanism for distribution
The $COLLAB will be airdropped to users registered via Collab.land. Eligible users were determined by a snapshot taken of users’ roles on 2/13 (the date of the $COLLAB distribution announcement). Tokens will be distributed via a MerkleERC20.sol smart contract.

b. Timeline
The initial drop (50% of the $COLLAB reward) will be available to claim through the Rubicon app interface. The remaining 50% will be reserved for future community and role incentives.

c. Member group being targeted
Rubicon’s Liquidity Provider and OP Explorer roles.

d. Any other details regarding distribution
50% of the $COLLAB reward will be directly sent out to users who have the correct Rubicon Collab.land roles and the other 50% will be given out to future Collab.land roles created to incentive community interaction. Future roles, and distributions, will be discussed and implemented with the community through the Rubicon Forum.

How many members is this distribution projected to incentivize?
Roughly 10k users. Rubicon has 10k OP Explorer and 10K Liquidity Provider Discord role members with a fair amount of overlap. Our discord community is composed of around 150K members, and we plan to incentivize increased participation of these, and future, members through the distribution of $COLLAB.

How will this distribution incentivize usage and adoption of Collab.Land?
The initial portion of the distribution is aimed at rewarding and promoting users who took the effort to claim their Collab.Land role. Future $COLLAB distribution efforts will be led by the community and are intended to increase participation and value within the Rubicon ecosystem.

What is the benefit of this distribution to the wider ecosystem?
This distribution will allow for all current Rubicon Collab.land-based role members to directly participate within the Collab.land ecosystem, as well as any future Rubicon Collab.land roles that will be created.

Will your project provide any co-incentives?
Rubicon will not provide any co-incentives with this distribution

Where will tokens be held once distributed by Collab.Land DAO? (Multisig, onchain DAO, etc.)
Rubicon’s $COLLAB will be held within a multisig wallet until all funds have been distributed to community members.

2 Likes

my suggestion would be to keep the token in treasury and use it for future incentives. Few thoughts

1. Reward protocol users -retroactively.
  2. Multi-chain is on timeline, we can the token from treasury to spread words about project.
  3. Rewards long term engaged community member.